When I first started baking cakes, I started wondering how people were frosting their cakes without having them fall apart! That’s when I discovered that freezing your cakes before frosting them is AMAZING.
Here’s how I do it:
1) After baking your cake, place them on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
2) Remove the cakes from the pan, and cool completely on the wire rack
3) Wrap each cake layer in plastic wrap twice
4) Wrap the plastic wrapped cake layers in one layer of aluminum foil
5) Place cake layers in the freezer and make sure they are stable and well-balanced
6) Freeze for at least one night
Freezing your cakes will make decorating them SO much easier, and leveling them before stacking them a breeze.