You know those super trendy “drip” cakes that you see everywhere on Pinterest? Well, they are A LOT easier to make then they seem. It’s super simple, takes only a few minutes, and makes any cake look a million times yummier!
Here’s what you gotta do:
- Bake a cake and completely ice it as smooth as possible. Stick it in the freezer until the icing (I use buttercream) crumbs over.
- Heat up chocolate chips (half of a 12 oz bag) with enough heavy cream to where it looks like a bowl of cereal with milk, in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals.
- Stir every 30 seconds until it is smooth in texture. If you’re using white chocolate, feel free to add food coloring to add a pop of color!
- Put ganache into a piping bag and cut a very small tip off the end of the bag. This will make maneuvering the ganache on the cake easier.
- Slowly start at the edge of the cake and move your piping bag off and on the edge of the cake to cause the ganache to drip over the sides.
- Fill the top of the cake with ganache and spread with a spatula.
- Pop in the freezer for 5 minutes and you’re done!
Tip: If you want to do a gold drip cake like the one in my picture above, use white chocolate with yellow food coloring and heavy cream. Then you will need to purchase “Luster (Lustre) dust” which is an edible dust that can be made into paint using lemon extract. Then paint away using a small decorating brush!