I LOOOOOVE chocolate cake, and recently I was invited to visit a friend who is gluten-free. The few times I have had gluten-free pastries, cake, bread, etc… I’ve always tasted that weird grainy texture. But I gotta tell you this chocolate cake recipe is gluten-free AND yummy!!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups gluten free all-purpose baking mix
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease three 6-inch round baking pans and line bottom with parchment rounds.
2. Stir together sugar, baking mix, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. You can wrap your cakes in plastic wrap and freeze them as well.
4. Use my buttercream recipe to decorate the outside of the cake!