As of recently, I just discovered how AMAZING Trader Joe’s is. Cheap, delicious, and healthier food? Count me in! As I was going up and down the aisles, my eyes caught this lovely jar of Speculoos Cookie Butter.
I grabbed it and decided I wanted to try and make a treat with it. Here’s what I came up with!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (I always microwave my butter with 7 second intervals)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Speculoos Cookie Butter Spread
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in Cookie Butter Spread, egg and vanilla until smooth. With the mixer on low, gradually incorporate the flour mixture.
- Place sugar for rolling in a small, shallow bowl. Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls (I use a cookie scoop) and roll in sugar.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until cookies are very lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.